Calhoun Medical Malpractice Lawyer Assists Patients Who Have Been Harmed
Experienced Georgia attorney works to hold healthcare providers accountable
People trust doctors and hospitals with their lives. When healthcare professionals don’t act properly, serious problems can ensue. Groover Law Firm, LLC in Calhoun stands up for the rights of Georgians who have experienced physical and financial harm due to medical malpractice. Attorney David Groover has more than 25 years of experience standing up for the rights of Georgians and understands how to represent medical malpractice victims effectively in settlement negotiations and in court. I can review the circumstances in your case, outline your legal rights and help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Firm handles birth injury, diagnosis and surgical error claims
Throughout North Georgia, my firm fights on behalf of victims in all types of medical malpractice cases, including those involving the following types of healthcare negligence:
- Birth injuries — Brachial plexus injuries, cerebral palsy and other types of harm stemming from improper care during the childbirth process can have long-term consequences for victims and their families. My firm takes on medical providers so that plaintiffs can be compensated for the present and future effects of obstetric negligence.
- Delayed diagnosis — Doctors are trained to identify symptoms and order tests to determine if a serious medical condition exists. If you believe that signs of cancer, heart disease or some other ailment were missed, I consult with experts to prove the link between the delayed diagnosis and subsequent problems.
- Misdiagnosis — When a doctor misdiagnoses one medical condition as another, treatments and medications for a problem that does not actually exist can make things worse. Should you be victimized by a misdiagnosis, I work to show that a physician who was properly following professional standards would have accurately identified your medical issue.
- Surgical mistakes — Errors that occur in the operating room, such as misplaced instruments, imprecise incisions and anesthesia problems, can cause severe damage. Proving the facts in a surgical mistake case is a challenge because the patient usually is not aware of what is happening. Drawing on decades of experience, my firm gathers and analyzes the relevant evidence to build the strongest argument possible.
- Equipment misuse — From MRI machines and other diagnostic tools to machines that literally keep patients alive, medical equipment is only as good as the people operating it. When a healthcare provider deviates from the instructions and hurts a patient, I pursue appropriate legal relief.
Whether the alleged misconduct lengthened your period of recovery or caused permanent harm, I am ready to battle on your behalf to obtain a substantial verdict or settlement.
Knowledgeable litigator advises on medical malpractice procedure and damages
Unlike other types of personal injury lawsuits, medical malpractice actions must be accompanied by an expert affidavit supporting the allegations made in the complaint. Proving liability in these cases can be more complex as well. Even in cases where a medical provider clearly failed to abide by the required protocol, a plaintiff must demonstrate that their condition arose or intensified due to this negligence. Defendants might also try to argue that the victim’s problems would have occurred even if proper care had been provided, but I am determined to establish defendants’ liability wherever possible.
Victims of medical malpractice can recover economic damages, such as reimbursement for healthcare expenses and income lost as the result of a doctor or hospital’s negligence. Though a cap used to exist on noneconomic damages in Georgia medical malpractice claims, that was overturned by the state’s Supreme Court and I will pursue full compensation for the pain and suffering you endured as well as the diminished enjoyment of your life. Typically, a claim must be filed within two years of the injury, but the deadline could be different if the harm was not immediately apparent or if the defendant’s medical provider is a government body.
Contact a proven Georgia medical malpractice lawyer to set up a free consultation
Groover Law Firm, LLC in Calhoun advocates on behalf of North Georgia residents who have been victimized by medical malpractice. You can discuss your situation with an accomplished attorney in a free consultation by calling or contacting me online.