Calhoun Truck Accident Lawyer Assists Injured Georgia Clients
Attorney pursues payment for people hurt in commercial vehicle crashes
If you’ve been hurt in an accident involving a large truck, you might be facing severe and lasting challenges. These crashes can cause devastating physical and emotional harm, and identifying the appropriate defendants can be a complicated task. Groover Law Firm, LLC, located in Calhoun, works to help North Georgia truck accident victims pursue payment for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, rehabilitation costs and permanent disfigurement.
Common causes of collisions involving large trucks
As a Georgia personal injury lawyer with more than 25 years of experience, I am well-versed in the various factors that can cause a serious truck accident, such as:
- Driver fatigue — Studies have shown that drowsy driving poses many of the same risks as operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Truckers spend long hours on the road and might try to push beyond their limits to make a deadline on time or get home. Strict rules exist to guard against driver fatigue, but they are not always followed. I will examine the truck’s electronic data recorder, the driver’s time logs and other information if you believe drowsiness contributed to your crash.
- Mechanical defect — My firm takes action against manufacturer of trucks and their parts if a mechanical defect is wholly or partly to blame for an accident. When warranted, I work with expert witnesses to show how the product’s failure triggered the collision.
- Impaired driving — Operators of commercial vehicles are considered legally intoxicated with a blood-alcohol concentration of .04 percent, which is tougher than the .08 standard used for most drivers. Moreover, they might even lose their Commercial Driver’s License if they drive drunk in their own car or truck. However, many truck accidents still involve impaired drivers who have taken alcohol, recreational drugs or substances meant to keep them alert. Even if DUI charges are not brought, evidence of impairment can be critical in civil personal injury claims.
- Overloaded trucks — Mistakes or efforts to save money sometimes result in overloaded trucks. These rigs can be more difficult to control, especially at high speed. Should you be the victim of a crash started by a vehicle carrying too much weight, I will investigate to find who was responsible for creating the hazard.
- Poor maintenance — Under rules issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, trucking companies are required to systematically inspect, maintain and repair their fleet. Failure to do so could have serious consequences if problems with tires, brakes, hitches or other truck parts prevent safe operation.
The steps you take in the immediate aftermath of a truck crash could have a major impact on the result of your case. My firm is available at all hours so you can get the legal support you need.
Lawyer takes action against trucking companies and other liable parties
Passenger cars and trucks are almost always driven by their owner or a family member, so identifying the liable defendant in a collision claim is usually a straightforward process. However, when a commercial vehicle causes a crash, there could be numerous liable parties besides the driver. Perhaps the trucking company employing the driver did not check credentials properly or failed to provide necessary training on a vehicle’s operation. A business that hired a tractor-trailer to haul products could have demanded unsafe terms relating to deadlines or load weight. You can count on me to review the circumstances closely in your case and to take action against every business and individual that contributed to your truck accident.
Firm seeks compensation for serious injuries stemming from truck crashes
Any vehicle collision poses a serious risk of injury, but the size and weight of commercial trucks make them particularly dangerous. Crash injuries might very likely go beyond temporary conditions such as broken bones and whiplash. I assist clients who have suffered traumatic brain injuries, internal organ damage and permanent harm, including paralysis and the loss of body function. Regardless of your particular accident-related injuries, I have the skill, background and network of medical experts to present a formidable case on your behalf. You have two years to file a lawsuit under Georgia law, but the sooner you start, the sooner you can collect a suitable financial recovery. My firm is available at all times to take your call.
Contact a Georgia attorney for a free consultation about your slip and fall injury
Groover Law Firm, LLC in Calhoun works on behalf of Georgia clients who have been injured in slip and fall incidents on someone else’s property. To make an appointment for a free consultation, please call 706-625-7551 or contact me online.