Calhoun Wrongful Death Lawyer Assists Surviving Family Members
North Georgia attorney handles claims arising from fatal negligence
Nothing is the same after a close family member dies, and the pain might be even worse if the fatality was caused by someone besides the victim. Located in Calhoun, Groover Law Firm, LLC represents clients in wrongful death litigation against the parties responsible for tragic fatalities. Whether you particular case involves an auto accident, a doctor’s negligence or a different type of negligence, David Groover delivers strong legal counsel in order to secure some relief for North Georgia clients. I draw on more than 25 years of legal practice to help people collect the payment they are entitled to following an unexpected loss.
Common causes of wrongful death actions
Like personal injury claims, wrongful death actions are brought against individuals and businesses whose carelessness or intentional misconduct harms someone else. My firm handles matters arising from a various types of fatal incidents, including:
- Auto accidents — After a fatal vehicle accident, my firm can handle insurance claims and litigation against the driver and others who were responsible for the deadly crash.
- Medical malpractice — If you suspect that someone you love died due to medical malpractice, I have the skill and experience to get to the truth. Whether the alleged negligence involves a surgical error, a missed diagnosis or some other lapse in professional standards, my firm works to hold negligent healthcare providers accountable.
- Workplace accidents — Jobs in construction, transportation and heavy industry come with the risk of a deadly workplace accident. When tragedy strikes in the course of someone’s employment, I explain what benefits are available and represent surviving family members in wrongful death lawsuits against liable parties.
- Birth injuries — Obstetric doctors and nurses must take the utmost care during childbirth. An infant might not recover from a loss of oxygen, improper medication or the incorrect use of medical instruments. My firm can handle the complex scientific and financial issues associated with these claims.
- Fatal truck accidents — Wrongful death actions in matters arising from truck accidents might be brought against fleet owners, vehicle maintenance companies and contracting businesses in addition to drivers.
Under Georgia law, eligible plaintiffs have two years from the fatality to file a wrongful death claim. Though it can be difficult to consider legal matters while you are grieving, taking prompt action to assert your rights increases the likelihood of a favorable legal outcome.
Types of damages available to wrongful death plaintiffs
Wrongful death damages are divided into two categories. A surviving spouse, child or parent can seek compensation for wages and benefits that the decedent would have earned during the course of their lifetime. These bereaved loved ones can also obtain payment for the care, companionship and household services that the victim provided. The second type of claim can be brought by estate representatives in order to collect reimbursement for funeral expenses, burial costs and medical bills charged to the decedent for the medical treatment they received before passing away. At every stage of wrongful death cases, I offer knowledgeable, compassionate legal guidance to surviving family members to help them meet their financial needs during a difficult time.
Contact a Georgia attorney for a free consultation regarding wrongful death litigation
Groover Law Firm, LLC represents bereaved family members in wrongful death actions after a loved one dies because of someone else’s negligence or willful act. Located, in Calhoun, my firm serves clients throughout North Georgia. Please call 706-625-7551 or contact me online to set up a free initial consultation.